Tuesday, February 7, 2012

In the Creative Suite: Melanie Blodgett

1. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7.


Melanie is easily one of the most creative and crafty gals out there in the blogosphere. Her blog, You Are My Fave, showcases all kinds of easy and pretty DIY projects {this entire week is dedicated to all things lovey dovey! I can't wait to get tons of ideas for Valentine's Day!}. She shares the step-by-step process with such a casual sense of humor that you can't help but feel like you're reading a letter from your bestie who throws the most stylish parties in town. Let hang out in the Creative Suite with Melanie, shall we?

1. What did you want to be when you grew up? 
I wanted to work at a fashion magazine. Now that terrifies me thinking about working next to all of the extremely stylish ladies that actually work there. I would still love to work at Martha Stewart Living though.

2. What would you classify your design style as? 
An eclectic mix of clean industrial, traditional and mid-century mod.

3. What is your most favorite project you've worked on? 
Probably the baby shower I did for my sister. Her and her husband had waited a while to adopt so it was a joyful day when things worked out and her son joined their family.

I also love throwing an annual first day of summer party.

4. Who is your current designer obsession? 
Amanda Jane Jones can do no wrong. I wish I had an ounce of her talent.

5. Where would you like to see your business in 5 years? 
I hope to have the same flexibility I do now and still love doing it. I'm having a baby in a few months so being able to be a mom and work only as much as I want to is important to me.

6. What do you love to do on a day off? 
I love waking up slowly, going out to breakfast with my husband and enjoying the rest of the day lounging around. I'm kind of a homebody.

7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you call home? 
Somewhere where it's summer all year round. I think Hawaii and I would get along well.

Thanks Melanie! Check out You Are My Fave here! x

6 comments:

  1. I love Martha Stewart Living. Melanie has such great answers. :)
    Cute post and questionnaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. I'll go check out her blog right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview and love the new design of "In The Creative Suite"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Professional, love the colors. Awesome photos!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...