Tuesday, February 14, 2012

10 Things I Love About You garland + gift certificate

Fresh on the heels of Matt's proposal, I wanted to do something extra special for him for Valentine's Day today! This morning he woke up to a sweet treat bag at breakfast {balances out his Trix cereal nicely} and tonight he'll be coming home to this 10 Things I Love About You garland {with a gift certificate at the end!}.

Remember that Heath Ledger movie "10 Things I Hate About You"? My bestie and I practically burned out that VHS in high school...this is esentially playing off that title but in reverse, get it?? I wrote down 10 things I love about my fiance {though it was hard to keep it at just 10!} and hung them on a string across our bedroom door using binder clips that I adorned with paper hearts. I used my corner rounder on each to give a flash card type feel. For the last card I wrote "I love cooking meals with you on the weekends". An envelope at the end reveals a gift certificate for a Japanese cooking class for two for next weekend!



The class didn't have an actual certificate for me to use, so I went ahead and made one myself, complete with little sushis and a heart-lined envelope! This is such a treat to come home to on Valentine's Day or even an anniversary. I can't wait to make California rolls with my love! Hope you all have a lovely Valentine's with maybe a surprise or two! xoxo

7 comments:

  1. This is an adorable and very thoughtful idea! Happy Valentines day to you and your fiance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Best fiance ever! What a thoughtful gift. It's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! This is such a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! This whole blog is lovely by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks For THis Wonderful and adorable idea of yours! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...