Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In the Studio: One must always be different

Our 2012 calendars may feature bright and fun wrapping paper patterns, but I also wanted to incorporate quotes into the layout to serve as a mantra for each month. Each quote really speaks to me in all things love, life, and creative inspirations. The month of July has my favorite quote of the year from Coco Chanel, which reads, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."

I've never really been one to run with the pack, and my social awkwardness makes me prefer to be a wallflower than a social butterfly most of the time. On top of this, as a person of mixed ethnicities I find it ever challenging to fit into either the white box or the Asian box; people see my last name and assume I'm a foreigner to this country and an expert on all things Japan when I've never even been to Japan, and all of my family has lived in America for 3 generations.

As a square peg I know I'll never fit into the circle sized hole, but that's what makes me different as an individual and ultimately irreplaceable.

I created this design to further illustrate the words of Coco Chanel

{ Victory Paper Designs }

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...