Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In the Creative Suite: Jacquelyn Clark

I have grown quite fond of Jacquelyn Clark of Lark + Linen; she's an extremely likeable and personable gal who blogs with the wink of an eye and charm for miles. As an interior designer, Jacquelyn shares her design inspirations as well as tidbits from decorating her condo. She's also a stellar photographer, regularly posting dreamy photos from her weekend ventures, and photographing her adventures in the kitchen (most of them being successful, though some baked goods have been known to fall on the floor). Here's more on Jacquelyn:

1. diemdesigns // 2. Bolig // 3. Art wall via Lark + Linen // 4. Sara Paloma ceramics // 5. Pinterest // 6. thekittycage tumblr // 7. Via Caelus Greenroom and Pinterest


Name: Jacquelyn Clark
Occupation: Interior Designer

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was really little I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to be an astronaut or the girl who runs the carousel at the fair. I liked to push buttons and I couldn’t help but notice that the carousel was controlled by a particularly large, red button that was calling my name. This was very appealing to four year old me. When I turned seven I began my appreciation for interior design. I used to go to friends houses and dream about how I would re-arrange their furniture. I still have a binder filled with floor plans I designed at the time. They are chalk full of bridges and trap doors and I haven’t looked back since (only now my floorplans are unfortunately devoid of trap doors. I may have to rectify this).

2. What would you classify your design style as?
This is a tough one since my style is constantly evolving. I love classic design as it’s of course timeless, but I find that many classic homes are expected and, dare I say it, boring. I’m always drawn to spaces that have that timeless feeling, but are contrasted with a few rough edges (a barnwood harvest table perhaps?), a little bitta ugly mixed in (a gold sea urchin somewhere?), or something that doesn’t quite fit. It keeps things interesting!

3. What is your most favorite project you've worked on?
Definitely my new condo. You can see a few sneak peaks here. My boyfriend and I moved in together in March and we’re having way too much fun turning our place into a home together.

4. Who is your current designer obsession?
I haven’t pinpointed why quite yet, but lately I’ve been really drawn to ceramics. Sara Paloma has an amazing array of beautiful products. I seriously have my eye on these and these. If only I could afford them!

5. Where would you like to see your business in 5 years? 
I actually just started a new job at a really great firm in Toronto. I've always toyed with the idea of freelancing full time, but the truth is I really enjoy working with co-workers. I think I’d miss getting dressed in the morning and strolling into the office, tea in hand. I’m hoping this new place is one where I’ll be able to sink my feet in for the next while! So far it’s been really great.

6. What do you love to do on a day off? 
If you had asked me this a month ago I would have told you something outdoorsy. Bike riding to the beach for a picnic, meeting friends for drinks on a patio or spending time with my family at the cottage. With autumn drawing near (and winter on its coattails) I can’t help but begin to dream about chai tea and Sundays louging in pj’s with a hefty stack of movies and a soft cable knit throw. Apparently my activities are seasonal!

7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you call home?
If money wasn’t an option I would spend my summer and autumn in Canada with my family, in the winter I would hibernate in Bora Bora (returning to Canada for Christmas, of course), and in the spring I would travel Europe. Wouldn’t that be nice? Oh to be a billionaire!

Thanks Jacquelyn! For more of this lady, go to Lark + Linen! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty braid - oh to have hair like that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...