Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In the Creative Suite: Jamie Bartlett

Jamie Bartlett makes up one half of design and blogging duo A Pair of Pears. Along with her husband, Jake, the newlyweds blog about all things design and feature many of their own DIY tutorials; the most recent being Jamie's vintage themed birthday party complete with handmade party favors and cute cake toppers. The girl has some serious craft skills, and an adorable eye for design which makes for some informative and pretty daily reads

1. ecycler // 2. Vintage Birthday by A Pair of Pears // 3. Wedding invitations by Jamie Bartlett // 4. Jessica Hische // 5. A Pair of Pears homepage // 6. DIY work table by A Pair of Pears // 7. Big Ben photo via vikitr

Name: Jamie Bartlett
Occupation: Graphic Designer/Blogger

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I'm proud to say, I've always wanted to be an artist. I love creating things. My whole family is really creative in so many different ways. I think that atmosphere really encouraged my creativity. My mom always had crafts for us and made sure I had a box of crayons and stacks of paper at my disposal.

2. What would you classify your design style as?
Hmm I've never really thought about this. I think a good designer can design in the style of their client, but might have a favorite style to design in. In that case my favorite style would be vintage. I love the colors and textures.

3. What is your most favorite project you've worked on?
This might sound bias, but my favorite project I've worked on would definitely be my wedding. My husband and I designed our invitations and everything together. We had so much fun and they turned out just how we wanted. As far as projects for clients though, I just finished some wedding invitations for another bride. Those were really fun to do too.

4. Who is your current designer obsession?
I love Hammpress and Jessica Hische. They both use type so beautifully. I've been able to visit Hammerpress a few times and I was in heaven.

5. Where would you like to see your business in 5 years?
We still are a very young business, so we have a lot of growing to do. I would love to add more to our blog and start selling our art at craft shows. I also would like to do more custom wedding invitations. Really, I could go on and on. There is just so much I want to do. The possibilities are endless.

6. What do you love to do on a day off?
I love just being with my husband. I still haven't managed to figure out how to turn my creativity off on the weekends. So usually on the weekends we are building or designing something for ourselves.

7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you call home?
The adventurer in me would say London, UK. I love it it there. But the other part of me would want to live anywhere close to family. Right now I don't live in either of those places. I guess I should move at some point.

Thanks Jamie! Check out A Pair of Pears here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...