Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Roundup: Tomboy Chic

I've always been a bit of a tomboy, especially as a kid; but it was the 90s so if you were into rock n roll it was a prerequisite to wear cargo jeans, flannels, and skateboard around town (all of which I did). It wasn't until I attended FIDM after high school that I started to embrace my womanhood and brave a flouncy dress and pair of heels every now and again...and while I love playing dress up, I still have a part of me that connects to menswear. There's a kind of effortlessness and attitude in its presentation, like you can get dirty just like the boys, and it draws from really classic and timeless silhouettes...which are a little large and misshapen on our frames, but I think that adds to the charm

1. Kirsten Dunst for Boy by Band of Outsiders,  2. Field Notes journal,  3. T. Anthony classic duffle,  4. Oh my Heart!,  5. Katharine Ross on set of one of my favorite movies of all time, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...alongside the handsome Newman and Redford of course ;)  6. Public D8 bike,  7. GH Bass shoes,  8. Vintage Citizen watch,  9. J.Crew boyfriend sweater

2 comments:

  1. Love this tomboy-chic trend, nice roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. I am far from a tomboy but I have been inspired by the tomboy-chic trend. Love the round up.
    -Madeleine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...