Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In the Studio: Katie and Justin's Aloha Wedding Suite

I'm so excited to share with you an invitation suite I created for my sister, Katie's upcoming wedding! Katie and Justin were married last year in a courthouse wedding in Hawaii, where they are currently stationed in the US Marine Corps. Just before Katie was to be deployed to Afghanistan they tied the knot, their vows keeping them together overseas in a time of war. Katie returned home to the US in March where she reunited with her husband after 8 months apart, and now a formal wedding ceremony is in the works for family and friends to attend!

Originally Katie had asked me to create an illustration of her and Justin similar to the one I had created of Matt and me for Valentine's Day. I created a scene as the front of the invite with them standing on a beach in Hawaii with an iconic rainbow in the background. I tied in playful elements with hand-drawn banners and flowers and made it as a theme across the suite. Katie and Justin are so fun and laid back, I really wanted the suite to reflect that and have a bright and sunny vibe.

I'm so proud of my sister and the great things she's done thusfar in her life, and I couldn't be happier with her choice of Justin as her partner to continue that great journey with! Muah! I love you both! xoxo









{ Victory Paper Designs }


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...